10 Essential Questions You Should Be Asking Your Dentist
To achieve and maintain optimum oral health, you need a reliable and knowledgeable dentist to guide you. While dentists are not hard to find these days, it is important for you to be able to find someone who perfectly understands your dental needs and preferences as well as prioritizes your comfort. Dr. Stephen K. Malone is a Knoxville dentist who provides high quality dental services without sacrificing patient comfort and safety.
If you’ve been thinking about visiting your neighborhood dentist for the first time, you might want to have a copy of the following essential questions to ask during your initial visit. This set of questions will help you decide whether you should book for a second visit or not with the same dentist.
1. What is my overall health status?
2. Is there anything about my oral health that I should tell my general doctor?
3. What can I do to improve my oral health? What can you do to help me improve my oral health?
4. How do you keep up with the latest dental science?
5. How often do you want me to visit you for periodic checkups?
6. What kind of risk assessment tools do you utilize?
7. What preventive techniques to you recommend based on the current status of my oral health?
8. Do you specialized on a specific field of dentistry?
9. Would you be able to provide me with an estimated cost of the treatment you’re recommending?
10. What are your payment options?
Your first dental visit is the appropriate time for you to get to know the dentist better. Apart from how the dentist handled your questions, it is also best for you to notice about the way the staff treated you, the cleanliness of the clinic and its overall atmosphere.