5 Advantages of Implant Treatment
Implant treatment is preferable to traditional crown and bridge treatment in 5 major ways. If you are missing one or more adjacent teeth, your Knoxville Smiles dentists, Dr. Stephen K. Malone and Dr. Michael J. Costa, Jr., can help you make the most appropriate decision based on your oral health circumstances and goals. Here are 5 advantages that make implant treatment the highest standard of care.
- A traditional bridge is suspended between and supported by crowns on teeth that have been modified to fit the crowns. In the case of implant treatment, healthy teeth will not need to be modified to support a bridge with crowns.
- Your implant treatment is likely to be a one-time treatment. Implant restorations are highly successful and last indefinitely, usually the rest of your life if you maintain excellent oral hygiene. Crown and bridge treatment may need replacement over the years.
- Implant treatment is the most lifelike treatment with the greatest functional strength, stability, and natural beauty.
- An implant will stimulate bone growth and maintain your jawbone volume and density.
- If you are replacing a single tooth now and one or more adjacent teeth are at risk for future restoration, the one implant post you receive now can be used to support a multi-unit implant bridge if you need one later.
If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to know what is possible for you, give us a call to schedule a consultation. We’ll be delighted to guide you in making the treatment choices that are most appropriate for you. We have decades of combined experience in diagnosis, treatment planning, and restorative treatment, including implant treatment. Give Knoxville Smiles a call today!